Blogs > Lighten Up With Cathy

45-year-old Cathy Bevan, of Concord Township, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Where's the Support

So I wake up Monday morning to see a nice layer of snow on the ground and decide to go and shovel the driveway by hand. I bundle up my son and myself and we get ready to go outside and my husband tells me to use the snow blower. I said no because it would be a good workout to do it by hand. So for some unGodly reason he runs to put his winter gear on and beats me outside, since I had to get my son bundled up with snow pants, boots, gloves, hats and such. I finally get out and start shoveling, I actually accomplished more with a shovel than he did with the snow blower. We come inside and as I go upstairs to change, he says, he's going to run to Reiders to get Donuts (Mind you best donuts ever if your not on a diet). Are you kidding me!!! I yell down "NO DONUTS". He pulls this everytime I tell him I am watching what I eat.  Just so you know he is not obese or overweight. My only redemption is that he works second shift so I do not have to cook what he likes...fried, fatty, and greasy. I can cook everything that is healthy that he hates!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this must be a wonderful woman. She is really trying to loose weight and turn her life around for her and her son. I am so proud that i get to call this woman my mother. For all the woman who are trying to loose weight whiling taking care of a child while at the same time going to school part time and working, i cheer to you.

January 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM 
Blogger nolagrl said...

Cathy- great work! My husband also like fatty foods, so this is one of my challenges too. It only took me ten years to get him to eat cucumbers! he's starting to get better at healthy foods- or at least eating McDonalds or other fast foods at lunch or when I'm not home for dinner. How awesome that your son or daughter is cheering you on! You are inspiring!

January 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home