Blogs > Lighten Up With Cathy

45-year-old Cathy Bevan, of Concord Township, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday...not!

Yes, for many this is the day to pig out before the Lenten season
begins. I went to Cabanas for lunch and had the Chicken Scaloppine.
The menu had roasted potatoes but I opted for no potatoes and extra
vegetables. The chicken was well cooked but the vegetables were mushy
and not well drained. The vegetables were swimming in water and the
light lemon and garlic sauce was non existent. The vegetables included
broccoli, white onions and a couple of mushrooms. I would not choose
this meal again but do want to note that the pesto parmesan filet I
had last week was superb. This meal was a bit of a let down and with
all menus, not everything is perfect! Oh, I did treat myself to a
serving of dark chocolate with raspberry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kate said...

An interesting take on the common and vile habit of "fat talk" in the New York Times: Fat Talk Compels but Carries a Cost. Read it here.

June 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home