Blogs > Lighten Up With Cathy

45-year-old Cathy Bevan, of Concord Township, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

What a month it's been!

So happy to be back on track. It took a lot of effort but I have finally found some time to go to the Y and get some much needed strength training in....and the scale has shown the improvement. I know I will not come in first, second or third, but that is not the point. I did not have a ton of weight to lose in the first place just another 15 pounds, which is less than 10%. Sure it is a contest but what really matters is that you are learning a way of life, by exercising and eating right. When I began my weight loss journey in 2012 I weighed over 200 pounds and it has been slow and steady but in 2 1/2 years I have lost over 50 pounds, that is 25% of my original body weight. I say that is a pretty big accomplishment. Have to say, thank goodness to Goodwill because I have dropped almost two sizes since the beginning of the contest. Not bad if I do say so myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home