Blogs > Lighten Up With Cathy

45-year-old Cathy Bevan, of Concord Township, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A short road left to travel!

As we head into the home stretch I think of all who have gone by the way side. Those who began this long journey, only to get cut for lack of enthusiasm or not enough weight lost. I applaud all who have come this far and what an effort has been put into losing the weight. I have found this contest to be my one last push to get me to my goal weight, and though I am a mere six pounds away, I know I have come  a long way. For my journey actually began last year in January of 2012 when I first made the decision for myself to lose weight and get healthy. In the past 18 months I have lost a total of 48 pounds. I look better and I feel healthier. But I know this won't all end in July. It is the battle of our life to not only get to our goal weight but to maintain our new bodies so that we never go back to our old ways. I know for some it will continue to be a battle and though many will still have more weight to lose, never give up, for look at the distance you have come, and why would you ever want to go back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home