Blogs > Lighten Up With Cathy

45-year-old Cathy Bevan, of Concord Township, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

And so it begins!!!

OK, I am not new to the program, but then again I am being joined by past contestants. Last year this contest really motivated me and while you might look at my photo and say, "There's no way she needs to lose weight", but I do. Thank you to everyone today who said I looked good...still, but it is always those last few pounds us old ladies struggle with. OK, I am not old but I am over 45, enough said. The older we get the more difficult it becomes to take those extra pounds off. I just need those 15 more pounds to be in a good spot, so when I do feast at Thanksgiving, Christmas or backyard barbecues, I have a little leeway. And yes Mike, my butt is smaller than yours and always will be, looking forward to having some great fun these next few months. Good luck to everyone, and remember, like Laura says sure it is a contest, but this is a lifestyle change that needs to be learned and maintained for the rest of your life. I have been over 200 pounds and I know it is no fun, but just think when you lose that first 20 and then you have to buy a new wardrobe and all your friends start complementing you on how great you look...that's the real reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home